Saturday, July 7, 2012

welp. here i am.


this time, i think i'm here to stay. i went on hiatus for a while....but mind you, it was needed.

i had to get my life in order. i had to get my thoughts in order. i had to get my priorities in order.

check. check. check. and check.

i feel great!! there was a time (if you're smart, you'd realize it was during my blogging break)...
that i wasn't so sure of everything. i wasn't so sure of the direction i was going with everything.
i had a great boyfriend, living in the magical logan, and the money tree was thriving extremely well!

ha.

my boyfriend was great. he was. but things took a shift. ahhhhh the demise of every relationship...a shift. yeahyeahyeah. to be quite honest, he was a major reason i was living in logan for the summer. how can you give up a summer love!? cue the cheesy music and frollicking through sunflower fields.

but really. that was my mindset.

well, now let's cue the depressing music and empty cupboards for the next month. because i was starving to death with not a penny in my pocket. i was working at the car wash, and they conveniently never needed me to work, as the weather was pretty undependable. you'd think he'd have my back! curse you, weather.

so my bank account was pretty non-existent. (nothing new, but this was to a whole new level).

so.....i couldn't really afford to live in logan.

and then i started missing my cute fam, and realized i never really saw them. i thought, you know, this is kind of a waste of time to be staying in logan for a boy that i'm not even going to marry. sure, i "love" logan, but sometimes it's okay to realize i can love other places, too.


logan was super fun. obviously, i had a complete and utter blast. i pretty much wanted to marry the land of logan. however, i realized it can be okay to admit that although i LOVED it, i was ready to move on a little bit.


this is where the story gets hard to put into words. each time i tell the story (which has been a lot, lately), i just kind of make a bunch of stuff up. "uh....and then....so...really....i mean.....yeah." that's how it actually really sounds.


but, faithful-followers-that-i-probably-lost-during-that-blogging-break-forgive-me, i owe it to you to explain myself. ready, go.

okay....so i feel like i loved it in logan. my reply to anyone and everyone that asked me how i was liking school was, "ohhhhhhh my goodness gracious, i am having the time of my life. i love it more than anything in this world. i never want to come home! i'm just having the time of my life!"

this was true.

shortened version of the story: i had a blast, but i'm moving on and focusing my life in another direction.


i'm moving to the land of milk and honey.


(that means provo, you guys).




wait....what....jasmine just said she's moving to provo? go re-read that, make sure you got that right.






yes. yes, you did.




um, yeah. who would have guessed? ten points for you, if you are raising your hand. you go, glen coco.


i didn't think i'd ever say it. i didn't think i'd actually be doing it! but i am.
i go off of my internal feelings a lot in life. if you ask my mom, you'd know that i literally just go with my own wind. but, my own wind always takes me where i need to go. (my own wind isn't necessarily MY own wind. i think it's a greater wind). besides the point, i listen. if you know my utah state story, you would remember that i never even actually visited logan before applying, getting my apartment, and having the feeling that it is where i needed to be. let me tell ya, it was. it was the place i needed to be. in MANY more ways than none. 


but there has been this rather annoying tugging at my emotions to go to provo. i've pushed it aside for months, because "i'm having the time of my life in logan." but i finally caved and listened. so, here i go.




i'm living in liberty square with my two great friends, laurel and christina. christina is my dear friend from USU! she is going to BYU, and laurel and i are going to UVU. i'm doing the whole wannabe BYU student route. cue the gagging of audience members.




however, i have this feeling that it's where i'm supposed to be. and really, that's why the story is so hard to tell. because people don't always understand feelings. but i think they are the most powerful things in this world.






so, i'm listening to it. and here i go.


xo 

1 comment:

  1. Jaz you are living in Liberty Square!?! Thats where I lived when I met Judd :) You will meet someone so quick there, it is so social!

    ReplyDelete