Wednesday, January 18, 2012

just another taco tuesday

today i think i was given the most wonderful compliment i could have ever asked for.

i was at taco tuesday (obviously)
and the cashier---whom i don't even know...
said to me as i gave her my debit card,

"every time you come here, you are so happy. like you just love life."

it seriously melted my heart.


i could not believe she even knew my face,
let alone my attitude on life.


but it made me happy.
i really do love life, and i think it's the little things like taco tuesday, talking with friends, finishing a day of classes, etc.
that make me so happy.

i am learning all about "life-givers" and "life-takers" in one of my classes.
i particularly love this concept.
it's pretty much the idea that there are people that are always complaining, unhappy with their situation, gloomy, waiting for things to get better, etc.
they are called "life-takers"
because they suck life out of you.
they make you feel low and almost unhappy about life when you're around them too much.

and then there are life-givers.
people that are happy, optimistic, make the best out of unfortunate situations, and find joy in the journey.
they make you feel good, and happy.
they make you feel uplifted.

i try to be a life-giver.
not for others, but for myself.

i challenge you to do the same.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment