Friday, December 2, 2011

the bus is bad news

erin came to visit me yesterday!

she has been my best friend since seventh grade.

she has just been the greatest person to have in my life
she has been there for me through EVERYTHING i've ever gone through.
good times and bad.
laughed until we can't breathe,
cried until our eyes are red,
listened to countless stories.
given advice.
kept me grounded and "in line."
we've gone to countless concerts, movies, and states together.
talked about college.
and gone to college.
in seperate states.
but kept in contact.

she will be my friend forever, i know it.

she came up to utah state and stayed the night with me.
she met some of my friends and we went to the basketball game
against her school
DENVER UNIVERSITY.

we went to angies,
a local restaurant
to "clean the sink"
(eat a sink full of ice cream and get a sticker for it).
we thought it would be sooooo easy
but we failed.
i still feel sick, and i'm not kidding.

speaking of which:
brynne and i made a discovery tonight that i think will help me from now on.
i am almost 100% positive i have some form of lactose intolerance.
i'll be seeing a doctor soon.


anyways.
erin and i stayed up for a long while talking in my bed.
i love that she knows everything about me and my thoughts.
i loved having you here, erin.



today
brynne and i took the city bus to the tanning salon.
because my car is broken.

we waited at the bus stop for forty minutes in the FREEZING cold
because we didn't know what time it was coming.
i cried.
for real.


finally
the bus came.
i have never been so excited to see something in my life.
i jumped up and down when it pulled up.

THIS
bus took us to the transit station,
where we had to get on to another bus
to take us to the tanning salon.


the only problem,
is that when we got to the transit station,
there were about ten buses to choose from to take us where we needed to go.

the only problem,
is that we had NO idea which one we were supposed to get on.

everyone was rushing around
running
and seemed to all know where they were going.

we were kind of aimlessly wandering
trying to figure out what was going on.
we found a map and thought we'd take our time to figure out which bus would take us to the salon.
the only problem is that we didn't know exactly where on the map it was.
we've been there many times,
by car.
but didn't know how to point to it on the map.
and we didn't know the name of it.

so we decided to ask the man behind the counter where to go.
this is how the conversation went:

us: we need to figure out what bus to get on, could you help us?
him: yes, where do you need to go?
us: main street
him: what coordinants?
us: ummmmm......i don't know.
him: okay....where are you going?
us: ummm...we don't really know
him: well north, or south?
us: couldn't really tell you........
him (frustrated): well.....WHERE are you going.
us: (Silence)
us: ummmmmm
me: WE'RE GOING TANNING, OKAY?!!!
him: well you could have told me that. i don't care if you tan.
me: i wasn't concerned about that, i just don't know where it is.

and then i looked out the window and saw all the buses leaving.

him: well......route 7 would be the bus for you...but it just left.

me: and when does it come back exactly.....

him: thirty minutes...


so we grabbed the maps and left.
and walked.
in the cold.


tanned.


and then sprinted to the bus station
to catch the bus back.
full. on. sprinted.


i think we're done with the bus for a while.










No comments:

Post a Comment