Friday, November 4, 2011

me no speak espanol

i wish i could tell you that i did well on my test this morning.
i studied all night.

but i just don't think i knew much
because my face was like this while reading the questions



seriously.


i was exhausted and i found out my afternoon class had been cancelled
which was WONDERFUL news!!!!
so i came back to my apartment,
cleaned,
and fell asleep for a while.

mady and i just went to the mall to get my eyebrows threaded.
the lady doing them asked me something that is not uncommon for people to ask me:

"are your parents both caucasian?"

yes.

"oh. where are your grandparents from? you look like you're like half something...
or maybe a quarter something..."

and then they rattle off a few ethnicities:

hispanic. greek. italian.


the woman today thought i was part hispanic.

i don't get what it is that people see in me that isn't FULLY caucasian.

i'm white. my hair is somewhat light.

i guess my skin is pretty olive, and i have olive colored eyes.
my eyebrows are dark and have an arch to them?

i don't know.

but i swear to you i get asked by random people all the time.
it's baffling, really.




so then my friend mady put on Pitbull in the car
and we listened to him speak spanish.


.........my native tongue.



No comments:

Post a Comment