Wednesday, September 28, 2011

These are the intricate pieces of my life.

two hour plays are boring when there are only four characters.
and when you're sitting in a small room with twelve other people.
i don't mean to say it again....but it's a little awkward.

the whole time i watch plays,
i'm thinking about what the actors are like in real life.
what personalities they have
how they really talk
and how they really dress.

it's kind of fun.

or i look around at the audience getting emotional at things i didn't even realize had emotional ties.

like the girl in front of me.
she lost it....and i'm not sure why.

i think it's cool that people are emotionally touched from completely different things.
things that make me cry, may not even make another person budge.

anyways.



today i went to a leadership conference type thing.
i listened to a motivational speech
and i really enjoyed it quite a lot.

i love feeling empowered.
i love relating with what people say to me,
and taking a part of them with me.

if you feel like being motivated,
i have some things i was reminded of from Jenn Twiss:


-Recognize your talents. With them, you can do great things. Don't sell yourself short.

"If you could only sense how important you are in the lives of those you meet, how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of.  There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." -Mr. Rogers

I love that quote. I love it because i think it's so true.  There are so many people that have taught me lessons they will never know they did.
People have done something
or said something
or acted a certain way
and i've taken a part of them with me.
People that i don't even know.
and people that i've known for a long time.

I think it's important to understand that we all have so many talents. No two people are exactly the same.

that's amazing to me.

No one is me.

no one is you.


that's a weird concept to think about.

People are people.
we're all just people.
and "we can never appreciate people enough."

take the time to get to know people.




i loved today.
i hope you did, too.


xoxoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment