Wednesday, September 21, 2011

science day/boring post.

today was a very relaxed day.
and i loved it.
i went to my alien class (Astrobliology) at noon
in my sweats
to take my test.
it's my only class of the day on tuesdays,
and i didn't feel like getting ready
when i knew i'd be coming home and sleeping
right after.


i was a little worried to take my first test in the class,
because i didn't fully know what to expect.
but i am so excited, because i think i did really
well!
i smiled as i was answering questions,
because i knew the answers to a huge majority of them!
i guess alien life is my forte.

i came back to my apartment
and ate lunch.
pretty much all i eat for breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner
is

and i'm not kidding about that.
i buy two boxes at a time when i go to the local
walmart.

after my lovely gourmet meal,
i crashed.
when i say crashed, i mean i was completely
out.
for a very long time.

i rolled over at seven tonight.
SEVEN IN THE EVENING.
i didn't stir in my sleep
once.
not to any of my missed calls, texts, or the sun going down.
my hair was stuck together by my drool
....and that says something.

i haven't slept like that during the day in who knows how long.
i feel great though.

so once i realized that it was night,
i was a little creeped out,
but i got over it quickly.
had dinner --
honey bunches, of course
and got dressed to go do
MORE SCIENCE.

i went to the observatory
(a place set up with telescopes)
to observe the stars, planets,
and possibly aliens.

it was pretty fun.
i realized something today.
i like science.

i've been reflecting on my favorite classes in high school
and the ones that i'm best at.

i came to the realization that one of my strengths,
surprisingly,
is science.
i don't always think i like it,
and maybe i don't always like it,
but i'm pretty good at it.
i have retained the information i learned in
biology, chemistry, and physics.
obviously, i have to work at it,
but i think it's something that i had/have the ability to succeed in.

anyways.


i really like learning.

i have talked to people that read my blog,
and many of them think that all i do is play.
i play.
i play A LOT.
i find a ton of enjoyment in being with people.
i love social atmospheres.
i love interacting with
people.
and i like to have fun.
i like to laugh and have a good time.

but
i can assure you that i LOVE learning.
i know that sounds cheesy,
but i really do have an inner nerd within me.
going to classes is a drag to me,
but i do enjoy when i learn new concepts,
or think in a way i've never thought before.

there is no end to learning.

and
sometimes i think people need to learn to have more fun in life.


does someone want to come clean my room for me?








1 comment:

  1. Followers of your blog who think you do nothing but play should probably remember that blogging about the details of every class, homework assignment and textbook you went through that day would be less than entertaining. :) I think your Alien life class is classic. Remind me to tell you my UFO story sometime.

    ReplyDelete