Saturday, May 21, 2011

the mom inside me

now that i know i have a whopping TWO people reading this...i might as well update it :)
i spent tonight babysitting my adorable cousins-tucker and dexter.
most people think babysitting is horrible, but i thoroughly enjoy it. especially with two little cuties like my little cousins. Now that college is getting close, i realize that it's these little things that i'll miss. sarah--i know you were saying that you got emotional painting the wall with the people you nanny, because in a short while you won't be here anymore. in a sense, that's how i've been feeling. i'm starting a new life in a new place.
i'm more excited than ANYTHING. but it's still weird to think i won't be nannying my favorite family, or babysitting my cousins in a few months.

this is dexter. he's a cutie. and i love him. who wouldn't with that face?


i've been a nanny for about a year now. these girls have become my own little sisters. they have taught me so much, just from me observing the way they are. for example:
#1 always buckle up.
from the moment they get in my car, without fail, they buckle up. i've just picked up on it. not once have i ever seen them forget. i used to never wear my seatbelt. i can promise you, i hardly ever forget now. lesson #2: when someone compliments you, just say "thank you."
i think people have the tendency to drag out a story or disregard that someone is complimenting them. think about it. when someone says to you, "i love your hair." it's sometimes only natural to say, "ugh thank you, but iwoke up late and my hair wasn't cooperating and blah blah blah blah blah."
i compliment these girls and they smile and say THANKS. i love it.
#3: a hug can go a long way.
i love how much love i feel from these girls ALL THE TIME. they see me and just hug me. they make me feel so important! i try to do the same with others. make someone feel important, because they are!






this is the cutest note i have sitting in my car. geez i love these girls.



well, that should do it for tonight.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment