Tuesday, December 11, 2012

the uvu thermometer thinks it's 82 degrees outside? i say, no!

i really am just baffled over the fact that some people think it's appropriate to be wearing shorts in 30 degree weather?
like....no....it's not okay!
i've seen people in shorts, a girl in a mini-skirt (yes....it was bad), and people riding bikes with no gloves?
i can see my breath when i'm SITTING IN MY CAR
let alone standing in the freezing air.

just put on some pants.
put on some gloves.


speaking of...
yesterday i went to cafe rio with christina and laurel,
because i just wanted to.
i was wearing my very favorite mittens 
(they are not only cute, but warm...because they're lined in the inside, you know)?
oh, i love these mittens.
i ordered my chicken salad, after asking the lady if she would choose pork or chicken on this particular monday.
she said, "chicken," and i said, "chicken it is."

i paid in cash, because i don't have anything in my checking account.
(thanks Gold's freaking Gym for taking all the money i was proud to own. it's a good thing i work out so often, that money is being put to good use....)
i should have just gotten the tostada, but that tortilla on the bottom makes all the difference, and i'd hate to neglect the tortilla! besides, no one even likes corn tortillas, do they? i mean, they get so soggy and taste just like paper?
anyways.
when i left, i realized i lost my mitten! 
the right hand one! which is the good one!
so i went back.
and searched forever.
looking under tables,
by the soda fountain,
by the bowl of mints,
and i even asked the employees if they had seen it.
it was nowhere.

so i was really sad and couldn't get myself to pull away in my car
 (that i really shouldn't have been driving, because did i mention a tree fell on it? well, it did. and because of that, my windshield is shattered and my side-view mirrors fell off. but cafe rio was calling for me)!


so i made christina go look for it,
because you know how sometimes when you're doing a word search, and can't find a word,
and then someone glances over your shoulder and just points to the word you've been trying to find for the past hour? yes, that's why i don't do word-searches.
well, i was hoping that would be the case with this situation.


she came outside holding my mitten
and i cried.
that's how much i care.

so you could say that was a good time.

(side-note: i trusted those employees when they told me they HAD NOT SEEN MY MITTEN. so, people of cafe rio......why did you have it sitting at the register? yeah, that's what i thought)!






and then today i had a history final.
it wasn't supposed to be comprehensive,
but then it WAS ALL COMPREHENSIVE.

so i just played russian roulette and hoped for the best.
it was a fun guessing game.

then i sold that history book back SO FAST.
they gave me $9.50 for it, plus they had a bowl of free mini candy bars.
so i took one a few
and then put some in my purse for the road.


i mean,
finals week is so stressful sometimes.

ha.
who am i kidding.


my life is wonderful and i wouldn't trade it for anything.





1 comment:

  1. Whenever I sold my books back, I always used the candybar bowl to even things out. If I thought my book was worth $30, and they gave me $30, I would only grab one candy bar. If I thought my book was worth $30 and they gave me $20, I took a handful of candy bars to make up for the difference. I showed them. :)

    ReplyDelete