Saturday, December 15, 2012

oh hey

today i worked
all day long.
and it was lovely, actually.

i just really enjoyed myself.
and i rocked a baby to sleep
and as i looked at my reflection in the window
i couldn't help but imagine myself as a mom.
and i just got really excited
and then i snapped myself out of it, because it was bugging me.


my phone is gone-zo.
lost on wasatch blvd.
in the snow banks.
or chopped up by the snow plow somewhere fifty miles from here.
who knows.
what i do know, is that it's gone, and i'm having serious withdrawls.
i can't scroll through instagram?
i can't text/call people?
and what about all my random notes that i leave to myself in my memos?
like i was reaching for my phone the other minute to look up a song that i heard
and saved to the recordings on my phone
because i knew i would forget the name/lyrics!
and i did!
but now i'll never know what song it was that i was in love with.
bum-mer.


annnnnnnd my sister and i shamefully walked around the mall tonight in grungy's.
like i seriously wore one of my obesity sweatshirts and my hair was half falling out.
annnd my makeup was shameful.
and i was so tired that my eyes were bloodshot, but i had no idea until i caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.
but when i walked in the door afterwards, my mom was like
wow looks like you popped some serious blood vessels.
um, no. i'm just exhausted.


oh, and frozen yogurt is ten times better when your mom pays for it, and doesn't even know she did.
you know, like that's really christmas spirit. giving without even realizing!


oh, and one more thing.
i had to get some passport-type photos for my ukrainian visa application.
they needed 8 of them.
so i was like, oh i'll just get that done at walgreens.
so i did,
and i went to pick them up tonight.
$58.98
whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
like, that isn't a joke.



No comments:

Post a Comment