Thursday, December 13, 2012

big happenings

i'm currently obsessed with every song i'm listening to 
at the moment.


like....music just really does it for me.
lyrics just really do it for me.
words just really do it for me.
...

today was my first day at the alta ski resort day care.
i woke up early to get on the bus,
because.... you know my car is out of business.
so i wait out in the dark this morning.
the bus comes, and i had a ten dollar bill to pay my $4.00 fare.
so i give it to the bus driver, who motions to the machine.
he's like "just put it in that machine."
so i do.
and i awkwardly stand there while the skiers bumped shoulders with me.
the bus driver asks me what i'm doing
and i'm like....waiting for my change?
he informs me that i won't be getting any.
because apparently you need exact change for the bus.
so it was ten dollars for me to ride up the canyon.
for ten bucks i think i should have gotten to sit wherever the heck i wanted,
but i got to stand next to the bus driver
because the bus was already full.
so i got to practically fall into his lap the whole way up the canyon,
and it smelled like damp socks?


i miss fido.
that's all i want for christmas....
my little, trusty car.
you know when you're a kid and you know that if you only ask for one thing, you'll get it?
but you still know you'll get other gifts, too?
i told my parents i don't even want anything else.
i don't need anything else!
i just need my fido baby.


tonight i babysat my cutie cousins
nicholas, sophie, and ella.
i gave the girlies baths
and we played "salon" for a couple hours as i dried their hair
and "pampered" them.
we all watched a christmas movie.
that turned out NOT to be a christmas movie
(thanks a lot strawberry shortcake....the info box said something about gingerbread? i figured that would FOR SURE be christmas-y. how am i to know that every character in that show is named after a dessert)?
but it's fine because i let them have cookies.
yes, multiple cookies for each child.
because......it's almost christmas, which makes it okay?

and i got to listen to ella all night randomly tell me how much she hates santa.
she's two...(or is she three, shoot)!...and apparently santa came to her little day care yesterday while my aunt was at the gym.
.... he caught her really off-guard,
and now i'm certain that she's scarred for life.

me: what are you asking santa for this christmas?
ella: i don't like santa.



well, that's too darn bad, isn't it?!




yours truly,
jasmine



No comments:

Post a Comment