Thursday, November 10, 2011

count your blessings. name them one by one.

today.
i have been overwhelmed.
constantly asking, "why me?"


but in a good way.


what did i do to deserve this life i'm living?
why have i been blessed so much?
i have so much to be thankful for.

i had a moment.
in my car.
i just sat there, parked, in an empty parking lot.
everything i have in my life just kept rushing through my head.
i got out a pen and paper and just wrote everything that i have.
everything that i'm grateful for today.

here it is:

-grandparents who support me with everything i do. who are so wonderful.

-having not ONE but TWO jobs.
 so many people are not even able to find one. i have two.
i'm spending my time thinking about which one i want more, and so many other people are just searching for anything.

-wonderful friends. where would i be without them?

-being able to make friends easily.
 it's always weird for me to hear people talking about having a hard time making friends. i have always been one to have many friends. i consider that a blessing.

-family.
they are my everything.

-work experience.
 i've never considered that a blessing, but i've realized lately that it is. i have worked many jobs. i've been a good worker. it's reflecting in the opportunities that i have presented to me.

-a car.
i don't take that for granted.

-health.
especially lately with what my mom is going through, i have reflected on how much of a blessing it is to be healthy. not sick. fit. LIVING.



anyways.
today i went to this group meeting/interview for a paid internship opportunity this summer.
i was very excited for the chance i had to possibly move on with the process of getting this job.
this meeting was with five other people that all wanted the same thing.
i walked in the room and as i looked at all of the others sitting there,
i thought, "what am i even doing here?"

they were all very sophisticated, intelligent, respectable looking people.

and then i realized something.

i am too.


i was very confident sitting in my chair and answering the questions presented to me.
the guy leading the interviews seemed to keep coming back to me.
he seemed interested in what i was saying.

he dismissed three of the people.
"thank you for coming."

and then he kept asking the remaining three of us
more
and more
and more questions.

he asked about our opinions on certain things.
and so forth.

he dismissed two people.
"thank you for coming."

it was just me left in that room.
him and i.

he continued talking to me.
and then he told me that he generally doesn't do this,
but he wanted me to meet with an executive tomorrow morning.
he said he was very interested in what i had to offer.

i walked out of there so happy.


it's like everything just happens to fall into the palm of my hands.

some of these people were much smarter than me, much more experienced, and possibly more qualified than myself.

however,
i have a lot to offer.

i have a lot to offer this world.

i can do anything i want.

and that's what i'm doing.

so wish me luck tomorrow....




later i went to start my first day as a nanny.
their home is stunning.
the kids are adorable.

i had a good time playing six variations of "tag," sequence, hungry hippos, slap-jack, and hide-and-seek.

how i love kids.












i can't wait to be a mom.


well, i can.
but i will be so happy when i have kids of my own.
until then,
i'll mother these guys.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment