Monday, September 26, 2011

do you want me to turn the volume down?

today i made a fool of myself
and loved it.

i was sitting in anthropology
listening to a boring lecture
with 150 other people.
it was silent.
and i was bored.

so i opened my laptop
and right as i opened it,
music started
BLASTING.
i forgot that i left my pandora up before shutting my laptop
for class.
on full volume.

i was frantically trying to turn the volume down,
but it wouldn't do anything,
because i had to enter my password first.
that would have taken too long.
everyone was staring at me.
my friend buried her head in her hand
and sunk in her seat.
my next reaction was to shut my laptop.
so i hurried and closed it.
IT KEPT PLAYING.
you should have seen the evil looks
on people's faces.


i got up and climbed over everyone's laps
(i was conveniently in the middle of the row)
and sprinted out of the room--
with my music playing as i ran.
i was peeing my pants.
you have to understand how loud this was.
and how long it went on.

talk about awkward.


i was debating going back into class,
but i decided i needed to.

i think everyone was happy to have me back.



isn't that a fun story??



also, this is like the sixth night i've had a sleepover with brynne.
we decided we're just going to swich off sleeping at our places
every night.


i love that idea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment