Monday, June 27, 2011

it happens for a reason.

i
love
my
country
music.



i especially love the song
"This"
by Darius Rucker.

i've been obsessed for quite some time,
but i've really been thinking about the lyrics.
my favorite part of the song says:
"Like the girl that I loved in high school
Who said she could do better
Or the college I wanted to go to
Till I got that letter
All the fights and the tears and the heartache
I thought I'd never get through
And the moment I almost gave up
All led me here to you
I didn't understand it way back when
But sittin' here right now
It all makes perfect sense

Oh I cried when my momma passed away
And now I got an angel
Looking out for me today
So nothing's a mistake
Every stoplight I didn't make
Every chance I did or I didn't take
All the nights I went too far
All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
Everything I knew but I didn't know
Thank God for all I missed
Cause it led me here to this"


that's how i feel.
i know i'm young.
so very young.

but i've had my fair share of bumpy roads.
disappointments.
let-downs.
changes of plans.
plans i assumed wouldn't ever change.

i've come to realize nothing is subject to staying the same.

but that's what i've come to love.

i love that everything that happens in my life happens for a reason.
all the times i've been hysterical in my bed
or car

sobbing


because plans were changing.
things weren't going the way i wanted.
i can look back on all those times and realize that i'm glad it happened.
i'm so happy to be
here
in THIS place

and i wouldn't be here if it weren't for everything else that's happened in my life thus far.

it led me here to this.




No comments:

Post a Comment