Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a few of my favorite things

yayyyy school is almost over!!!!!!!! only a few more weeks and i'll be starting the rest of my life!!!! honestly, that sounds so weird to say. "starting the rest of my life." my life has already started. there are so many milestones in a person's life: graduating, marriage, having the first baby, grandkids....etc. etc. etc.

i guess this is my first big milestone.

enough of that. i'm sick today and all i'm doing is looking at wedding blogs (i'm a little obsessed with weddings) and looking at all the makeup i want. i LOVE makeup. it's amazing to me that you can completely transform a face by wearing colors and products. beautiful people become stunning. it's amazing. i've been obsessed with makeup for years now. i remember in seventh grade when i started really getting into it, and everyone else was just wearing mascara (if that). i've always had a hand for it. now it's what i spend all my extra money on.  i love sephora. i try to avoid the mall, because once i'm in there....there's no going back.

My faves:

You can't go wrong with any MAC eyeshadow.  They're simply beautiful.  Among my favorites: Tempting, Mythology, Amber Lights, Club, and Carbon.

Buxom mascara. This brush works wonders. My eyelashes look ten times longer and fuller after i put this on.  It's the perfect mascara for separating your lashes, as well as lengthening.

Okay. This is a makeup must. It's an HD liquid foundation--which means it pretty much conceals your flaws, even on an HD camera.  It's a little more on the pricy side for foundation..but it's amazing.
Allow me to introduce you to Stila's liquid foundation.  I was a liquid eyeliner virgin until this past fall when i discovered this gem.  It's just like a pencil, although you get a much more precise line.  Sometimes i absolutely love the smoky, smudgy look that pencil eyeliner provides, but when that's not the look i'm going for--i use this.  I like it because it doesn't look like you took a sharpie to your eyelid.

I adore this blush.  My mom died when she saw the names of their blushes...my favorite is Orgasm. Catchy though? I don't love sparkle in my blush. I figure that if you have shimmer in your eyes, keep your blush matte.

These are a few of my makeup necessities. Try them- i promise you'll fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment